While the Oobit platform adheres to the highest standards of safety and security, the responsibility also falls on the user to ensure that they remain secure online. Below are steps to take to ensure your Oobit account, as well as other online accounts, are safe at all times.
8 Tips For Securing Your Oobit Account
- Never share your Oobit login credentials with anyone.
- When using the desktop version always ensure that the URL is https://www.oobit.com/ with a lock icon to the left of it.
- Create a hard-to-forget but memorable password. Aim for 16 characters, a mixture of numbers, letters and symbols, and entirely unique. Do not use a password that you’ve used on other platforms.
- Enable 2FA (two factor authentication). Here is a guide on how to set it up.
- Make use of a reliable password manager to assist with storing your passwords in one secure location.
- Be wary of phishing scams, do not follow links from emails.
- Oobit will never phone you, do not ever share your login credentials over the phone. Or through any avenue for that matter.
- Only ever login from private, secure networks. Do not access your Oobit account from a public wifi network.
For additional safety, we’re also going to cover how to secure your email, internet, and device.
How To Secure Your Email
Ensuring the security of your email is not only important for your Oobit account, but every other account that you have used that email address to register on. Don’t underestimate the destruction caused if your email security is compromised. Here are 4 tips on securing your email account.
- Use a strong password, different to the one you created for your Oobit account. Follow the same tips.
- Enable 2FA, avoiding the SMS option. Rather use an app that requires a login.
- Disable the phone recovery option, as well as the email recovery option.
- Keep an eye on the account activity, if you see any unusual activity change your password immediately.
How To Secure Your Internet
As with your email address, your internet is another important element in keeping all your online accounts. Ensuring the security of your internet not only creates another layer of safety to your crypto portfolio, but to your entire online presence. Here are 4 tips on how to secure your internet.
- Reset your router password. Don’t use the default password that the router came with, rather create your own unique password with varying letters and numbers.
- Ensure that your network is also password protected (this is different to your router password).
- Enable the Guest network if your router allows. Guests can have access to your WiFi and you can keep an entire network for your personal devices.
- Use private networks only, or mobile data if in public spaces. Do not use public networks to access your crypto accounts.
- Only use reputable VPNs, avoid free ones as these are not as secure.
See here for more information on building and maintaining account security.